St Peter’s Church
In the mid-19th century Rochester’s population continued to grow and the area around Delce Lane (now Delce Road) was developed. Once again there were more worshippers than could be accommodated at St Margaret’s and a new parish – St Peter’s – was created with its church in King Street consecrated in 1859. In the 1960s and 70s the Delce area underwent major redevelopment and in 1973 a new church and parish centre was opened replacing both the old St Peter’s church, which was demolished, and its mission church – St Andrew’s – in Cossack Street.
Tel: 01634 848900